I finally cobbled together a video of Torsten's "greatest hits" while learning to walk. It's my first project using iMovie, and it was surprisingly easy. I was even able to throw in "Got My Own Thing Now" by the Squirrel Nut Zippers which, IMHO, makes a pretty awesome and relevant soundtrack here.
Also, I promised randomness:
- I don't know why, but I love this quote from a New York Times article about Justin Bieber: "He’s a broad enough phenomenon that he’s no longer a fixed idea; everybody creates the Bieber he wants."
- This quote from Mark Twain (disputably a much older and common sentiment, also attributed in other words to George Eliot and Abraham Lincoln) speaks to me: "It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt."
- I'm starting a new project for work: scripting and storyboarding a movie explaining VLBI, e-VLBI and the EXPReS and NEXPReS projects. I hope it will be good training for the movie I really want to make: Who Moved My Cheese? A Dutch tale of betrayal and redemption set in a lush landscape of windmills, tulips and canals, featuring a bicycle chase through the Red Light District and starring Matt Damon, in wooden shoes of course!
- The first Michigan football game of the season is tomorrow. Go Blue!
- If we were still in Michigan, there's no doubt that we'd be planning our annual pilgrimage back to Sweet Seasons Orchard to gorge ourselves on cider and donuts. It's our loss that we can't go, but best wishes to the Jasinowskis on their new storefront in St. Joseph!
- Last but not least, Happy 44th Anniversary to my parents. Merrill always seemed surprised that I came from such a "Beaver Cleaver-ish" household and yet turned out so "normal". I take it as a high compliment. Thanks Mom & Dad!