We had another doctor's appointment today. Judging by the amount of fluid surrounding the baby, the doctor doesn't think I'll be delivering this week. He thinks the baby is just too comfortable in there to come out. So we wait at least another week, at which point they'll hook me up to a fetal heart monitor and we'll figure out what to do from there.
Again, I'm really feeling good. I still LOVE being pregnant. And I want the baby to be as comfortable as possible and to take as much time as it needs to grow "BIG AND STRONG!!!" (as Charles likes to shout at my belly). But I admit that I would really prefer something to happen this week. I want this all to start naturally. I don't want them to have to induce labor. I want to bond with the baby and start to learn to breastfeed for at least a few days before my in-laws arrive. (Although it would be special to have them here for the birth, too.)
Anyway, if I stop posting these (almost) daily updates, please don't think I must have gone to the hospital and had the baby. Truly, in this case, no news will mean no news. We'll be sure to keep everyone posted if anything happens.
This post was written while drinking homemade chai. If I don't have to be as concerned about dehydration in labor at this point, then I'm having a little caffeine, dammit!